Behavioral Health Services, Mental Health Programs & Treatment
Behavioral Hospital of Bellaire is proud to offer top-quality services and programs to all of our patients. Our iinterdisciplinary teams comprised of physicians, psychiatric-trained nurses, and Master’s-level licensed therapists work with patients and their families on individualized treatment plans to provide patients with the best possible chance for recovery and community reintegration.
- To offer flexible and accommodating programming based on individualized treatment needs with focus on blending social/life skills and process/psychoeducation programming.
- To ensure that each patient has been assessed for barriers and challenges in treatment recovery with greater focus on social and life skills, and safe discharge planning to supportive environments
Our private, freestanding hospital specializes in mental health, providing treatment for depression, anxiety, substance abuse and similar issues. We offer several inpatient and outpatient programs, including:
- Adult Inpatient Psychiatric ICU/Stabilization
- Adult Inpatient Psychiatric ICU/Stabilization is the most acute environment of care at our facility. The primary focus is to stabilize patients as quickly as possible while they undergo a comprehensive treatment program that includes group therapy and family sessions, medication management, recreation, expressive therapies, with a goal of stepping them down to the general milieu, as they continue to approach baseline functioning. The PICU is staffed at higher staff-to-patient ratios and is the most secure unit in our facility to keep patients as safe as possible.
- Adult Inpatient Dual Diagnosis/Detox
- For adults suffering with psychiatric illness compounded by substance abuse and/or use, Behavioral Hospital of Bellaire offers the inpatient Adult Dual Diagnosis program. Designed to address both psychiatric and chemical dependency diagnoses, patients engage in a 12-step model program, cognitive behavioral therapy, motivational interviewing, weekly AA meetings, and other treatments that emphasize gaining and maintaining sobriety.
- Adolescent Inpatient Psychiatric
- For children and teens ages 12 through 17 who are suffering from emotional and psychological disorders, Behavioral Hospital of Bellaire offers an inpatient program with a goal of stabilizing immediate concerns within a safe, structured environment that includes 24-hour monitoring. Treatment includes comprehensive assessment, group therapy, medical management, and family involvement, along with evidence-based therapeutic approaches.
- Geriatric Inpatient Psychiatric
- Our Geriatric Inpatient Psychiatry program is designed to help patients 55 and older return to their best possible state of health when suffering from depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, or mild memory loss. Treatment, led by an interdisciplinary team experienced in geriatric psychiatric treatment, includes a personalized multidisciplinary approach that provides safety, confidentiality, and further education.
- Exclusively Women’s Program
- The Behavioral Hospital of Bellaire Exclusively Women’s Program is a comprehensive gender-specific behavioral health program consisting of medication management and therapeutic interventions; provided in a serene environment conducive to growth and wellness. The clinical program utilizes evidence-based therapeutic approaches based on CBT, CBT, and MI, and focuses on providing individuals with the skills needed to create lasting change.
All of the psychiatric treatment programs are led by skilled, compassionate staff. Our goal for our patients is to help them return to their daily lives healthier and emotionally stronger. A well-defined aftercare plan outlines specific guidelines for each person to follow to maintain progress made in treatment.
- UNIT 4- Geriatric Program: Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday 7:30pm to 8:30pm
- UNIT 5- PICU: Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday 7:30pm to 8:30pm
- UNIT 6- Women’s Program: Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday 7:30pm to 8:30pm
- UNIT 7- Adolescents’ Program: Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday 7:30pm to 8:30pm
- UNIT 8- Adults Program: Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday 7:30pm to 8:30pm
Request a No-Cost Assessment
Get started on the recovery journey by scheduling a free initial assessment with us. After the assessment, a licensed mental health clinician may recommend the appropriate program to meet our patients’ needs. We’ll also determine which of our many care services would benefit them, such as psychiatric medication management.
Contact us us to learn more about our different programs and what to expect from treatment. We’re proud to treat patients from throughout Houston, Texas, and the surrounding areas.