What should I bring?
Limit your clothing to what you will need in the course of a one-week stay. Casual clothing is recommended.
- Four to five changes of casual clothing without drawstrings. For women, slacks or jeans with tops or comfortable, casual dresses. For men, slacks or jeans with casual shirts. Please note that offensive or inappropriate logos will not be allowed.
- A supply of socks and underwear that will last between three and five days. Please do not bring tube socks or leggings.
- Bring two or three pairs of comfortable shoes without shoelaces. Open backed slippers are discouraged because of the high risk for falls.
- A sweater or light jacket without drawstrings.
- Toiletries (no glass or aluminum containers, no mirrors, no alcohol content, and no flat irons or curling irons): comb, brush, deodorant, tooth brush and tooth paste. The hospital can also provide toiletries, if needed.
- Unit staff must be notified at the nurses’ station whenever patient belongings are brought onto or removed from the unit. These measures are essential to the maintenance of a safe environment on the unit and can reduce incidents of loss or misplacement of personal items. All disallowed items will be stored in a locker, placed in the unit safe or sent home with family or friends.
- Please provide a list of your current prescription and over-the-counter medications, including dosages and frequency. Unless otherwise instructed by hospital staff or physicians, please leave your medications at home.