Behavioral Hospital of Bellaire offers no-cost mental health assessments to adults and adolescents through our psychiatric ER. The intake clinicians are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to respond to your needs.
- A licensed clinician will be available to answer your referral calls or meet with individuals to provide a thorough and completely confidential assessment.
- The confidential assessment is provided free of charge.
- Referral services are based upon individual treatment needs.
- The intake staff will complete the admission process and provide recommendations to meet the patient’s personal needs and assist the family with support, education and information.
How to refer a patient
Behavioral Hospital of Bellaire offers no-cost mental health and substance abuse assessments. If treatment is advised, we can assist with admission to a Behavioral Hospital of Bellaire program or recommend other treatment options in the community.
Rapid Referral Process
- Contact BHB Admissions any time at 713-600-9500
- When calling our psychiatric ER to refer someone for a free assessment, please provide the following information so that we can best serve the patient:
- Your name, relationship to the patient and phone number. A brief description of the patient’s problem and reasons for referral.
- Patient’s name, date of birth, social security number, address, and phone number.
- Insurance company, insured’s name, policy number, company phone number (if available)
- Any special instructions regarding treatment program, doctor preference, release of information or follow-up with you if you are a clinician.
- What time we can schedule the patient to be assessed.
Patients can be referred to Behavioral Hospital of Bellaire by many professionals and organizations in the community such as; primary care physicians, mental health providers, emergency services clinicians, case managers, employee assistance programs, family members, community agencies, hospitals, clergy, friends and self referral.
The Behavioral Hospital of Bellaire accepts most insurance, including Medicare, Medicaid and Tricare.